St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church, NALC in Chapin, SC is seeking candidates for the position of part-time Christian Education Director / Youth Minister.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: developing and training volunteers; assisting with selection of CE and Youth materials (preschool – 12th grade); planning and conducting youth events/retreats; developing communication materials for parents, youth, volunteers, and congregation; ordering supplies; and creating and maintaining an inventory of CE supplies. With the assistance of the CE Team, recruit Sunday school teachers and helpers; plan, organize, publicize and conduct Sunday School Rally Day; plan, recruit assistants, publicize, and execute an Advent Christmas Program; recruit a Vacation Bible School (VBS) team and assist VBS team with recruiting a director, selecting a theme, planning, organizing, recruiting VBS teachers and helpers, publicizing, and encouraging attendance at VBS. Conduct Christian Education Team and Youth meetings, encourage participation in Sunday School, Youth group and other events. In conjunction with Pastor, plan and organize an annual Youth Sunday worship service. Support the NALC Core Values through all lessons, activities and events.
• At least one year experience in a Christian Education and/or Education environment preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work cohesively with diverse personalities.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
• Requires Sunday hours to assist with confirmation and youth activities.
• Requires occasional travel for youth events with 1-5 days overnight.
• Responsible for purchasing supplies with church / youth card and submitting appropriate documentation for each purchase.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
• Must be able to work an average of 20 hours per week, including most Sundays.
St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church is looking for a candidate to serve the Lord with his/her talents by providing and managing a Christ-centered Christian Education and youth ministry. The budgeted salary for this position is $16,000 per year. All candidates will be subject to a background check and must provide a certified copy of their 10-year driving record if selected for an interview. All candidates may be subject to background and drug testing.
Submit a resume and cover letter by March 26, 2018 to: St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church. Questions should also be directed to St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church.