The seventh annual convocation of the Carolinas Mission District of the North American Lutheran Church will be held on Friday and Saturday, May 19 and 20, 2017, at St. James Lutheran Church of Newton, NC.
There are several business items to be addressed: the election of mission district dean, election of three mission district executive council members (2 clergy, 1 lay), and the adoption of the budget for 2017-2018. The ongoing partnership on theological education between the Carolinas Mission District and the Department of Lutheran Studies at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary will also be an item for discussion.
The list of speakers to the convocation and presenters for workshops include:
• Bishop John Bradosky, NALC
• Mary Bates, Director, NALC Disaster Response
• Pr. Patti Morlock, Chair, NALC Candidacy Committee
• Pr. Brad Hales, Chair, NALC Congregational Renewal Team
• Pr. Stephane Kalonji, Pr. Marty Ramey, and Rachel Sosebee, CMD Mission Team
• Pr. Trina Petersen, Chair, NALC New Mission Starts Team
• Brian Sutton, NALC Executive Council Church Structure Task Force
• Kevin Herr, Water Missions International
• Chandler Carriker, Lutheran World Relief
Please follow the links below for nomination forms and registration information.