It is time to begin registrations once again for our Clergy and Lay Professional Convocation.
I strongly encourage everyone to print this information and review it carefully. Keep a copy for your information…and bring it to the retreat so you will have the schedule on hand.
There are a couple things to be aware of for this year.
1) The deadline to register is Monday, September 8, 2014. That is a hard deadline! This is to keep us in line with the registration process for St Christopher’s. You may ask, “can I register with Pastor Jason after that deadline because I goofed around and didn’t send it in soon enough?” The answer this year is absolutely…NO! Their process requires that I give them final numbers by a certain date and this deadline accounts for that and the time I need to finalize the information.
2) The costs are exactly the same as last year and just like last year there is an option for lunch on-site on Tuesday. Review all of that carefully.
3) They currently have 28 rooms available for the dates we have set. So, given our numbers the last couple years, you may want to register well in advance. Take that seriously!
4) There is a single room option, but as many of us as possible who can room together allows for more of us to attend…so consider that and make sure you contact the person yourself that you might like to room with to decide on that before sending me your registration.
5) Rev. Dr. David Wendell, STS will be our main presenter. He will be looking at the use of Private Confession within our congregations. He has created a document about this for the Society of the Holy Trinity, and while he may not specifically use that document, he is well versed in this area and should offer a very enlightening and beneficial set of discussions.
Finally, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. And do please consider registering early. We have had an absolutely wonderful time of study and fellowship the past two years and I believe that will continue. We hope to have a great showing this year and I look forward to seeing you all there and at our other events throughout the coming summer.
May God bless each of you, your families, and your congregations this Lent and Easter to come.
In Christ our Lord,
Pastor Jason Sigmon, STS